We offer FREE PD/info sessions around NZ because we believe ALL teachers deserve up-to-date information, more options, solutions to real problems and a chance to see what is being developed. We want to use our experience to "pay it forward". The schedule for the 2018 Term One & Two two-hour professional development sessions is coming soon and we are already looking forward to meeting many of you again and some new faces. To register for these limited space session, just email or call with names or scroll down to see how you can use our NEW ZOOM sessions!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES
Supported Learning focused series
We often focus on our students needs and put our own professional development needs to one side. We are told "there's no more PD money, no relief budget, there are more important initiatives to focus on"... but we think YOU are important and it is worth US spending our own PD money on.
SUPPORTING LEARNING is introducing TWO new exciting and flexible PD opportunities to meet your needs and answer your questions. The Take 5min series will be emailed out regularly and the ZOOM video conference is offered to ALL New Zealand schools and organisations for one free PD/info session.
FREE Supporting Learning Info/PD sessions
1. Developing Options - small & informal sessions
• Looking through the NEW suite of Supported Learning unit standards - 75 new credits @ NCEA L1
* Plus options for applying for the new NZ Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners with optional Skills for Work strand
• Developing opportunities and options for "life skills" and NCEA L1 & 2 credits
* NEW High learning needs workbooklets (NZ curriculum L1-3 with focus on literacy, technology, IT and creative learning
22 May Bay of Islands Okaihau 9-11am, additional session avaiable noon-1:30pm
23 May Whangarei 9-10:30am venue TBC
24 May Auckland (2 sessions)- 9-10:30am North Shore venue TBC, 1:30-3pm, Central Auckland venue TBC
25 May Auckland (2 sessions) South east 9-10:30am venue TBC, South Auckland 1:30-3pm venue TBC
4 June Pahiatua 2-3:30pm @ Tararua College
5 June Palmerston North 9-10:30am venue TBC, Whanganui (private session @ Arahunga School) 1:30-3pm
6 June Whanganui 9-10:30am venue TBC, New Playmouth 1:30-3pm venue TBC
PD sessions for Term Two 2018
All attending schools receive a FREE NEW workbooklet from a selection.
back to top
All year we offer customised/flexible PD:
2. Free Zoom Video Conferencing to ask any questions, share our screens to see resources, work collaboratively and talk about developments. Just contact us to arrange a time (free to all educators).
3. Take 5mins thought leadership online emails continues throughout 2018.
More face to face PD sessions dates will be announced soon for:
Central North Island