We offer FREE PD/info sessions around NZ because we believe ALL teachers deserve up-to-date information, more options, solutions to real problems and a chance to see what is being developed. We want to use our experience to "pay it forward". The schedule for the 2017 Term One two-hour professional development sessions is out and we are already looking forward to meeting many of you again and some new faces. To register for these limited space session, just email or call with names or scroll down to see how you can use our NEW ZOOM sessions!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES
Supported Learning focused series
We often focus on our students needs and put our own professional development needs to one side. We are told "there's no more PD money, no relief budget, there are more important initiatives to focus on"... but we think YOU are important and it is worth US spending our own PD money on.
SUPPORTING LEARNING is introducing TWO new exciting and flexible PD opportunities to meet your needs and answer your questions. The Take 5min series will be emailed out regularly and the ZOOM video conference is offered to ALL New Zealand schools and organisations for one free PD/info session.
FREE Supporting Learning Info/PD sessions
• Purposeful Pathways
• Literacy and numeracy options (including NCEA L1 portfolios and the NEW literacy and numeracy toolboxes
• Linking programme/learning support with mainstream choices
• New NCEA material - Tikanga Concepts L1, Core Generic L1 & L2, Skills for Working L1, Science
material and development ideas (English Language, Pasifika and Social Science material)
• The new suite of standards, the NZ Certificate and linking into tertiary opportunities
• Nationwide successes - Creating confident and engaged learners at all levels
• Opportunities for students and options for staff
For Term One we are offering the following PD:
1. Free Zoom Video Conferencing to ask any questions, share our screens to see resources, work collaboratively and talk about developments. Just contact us to arrange a time (free to all educators).
2. New easy-to-follow PD videos and tip sheets about NCEA literacy and numeracy portfolios - the outline of unit standards, evidence requirements, options to deliver, how to put the portfolio together. Rolling out March 2017.
3. A short tour to the Bay of Plenty near the end of Term One - Tauranga, Whakatane, Opotoki and possibly Rotorua
4. A short tour to Taranaki at the start of Term Two - New Plymouth and coastal
5. Take 5mins thought leadership continues 2017.
download full session outline
All attending schools receive a FREE NEW workbooklet from a selection.
Please see the calendar below for available slots ... if you are unable to view the google calendar below, please try using CHROME as a browser
back to top
booking calendar below